Educational Resources for Students and Families
We’ve provided the following educational resources that we’ve found useful for our students and families.
Digital Books, Primary Sources, and Educational Electronic Materials
- Howard County Library – OverDrive, eContent for Kids, and cloudLIbrary, Little Pim language learning
- International Children’s Digital Library
Education Philosophy Resources
- Setting Up A Montessori Space at Home
- Famous Montessori Graduates
- Easy Ways to use Montessori at Home
- American Montessori Society Videos
Science Education Resources
- BSCS – The 5E Instructional Model
- BSCS – Why Does Inquiry Matter?
- Davidson Institute for Talent Development – Advocating for Exceptionally Gifted Young People A Guidebook
Inspiration and Information for Makers and Coding Resources
Ideas and Recipes for Makers
- Make Magazine
- Discover Engineering
- DiscoveryKids – Games, videos, and activities.
- DIY.org – Awesome videos about things awesome kids have made.
- Instructables.com – Videos, classes, and recipes for things you can make.
- Maker Camp – Project recipes
Learn to Code
Other Great Educational Resources
- Xtramath – Practice your math fact automaticity.
- Khan Academy – A Free online resource with quick learning videos for just about anything.
- The Great Barrier Reef – Official Australian government website about the Great Barrier Reef.
- NASA Oceanography Website – Learn about how NASA generates and uses data about the Earth’s oceans.
- Watch, Know Learn – Free educational videos.
- Inside the Mind of Leonardo DaVinci
Great TV Shows
- SciGirls – Science fun for Tween girls
- PBS Design Squad – Kids compete to solve creative engineering problems.
- Einstein’s Big Idea – What’s behind E=MC2 (YouTube)
Gifted and Talented Organizations
Social Media Accounts to Follow
- International Baccalaureate Official Twitter Account
- Maker Faire Silver Spring – Keep up with local Maker Faires
- Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
STEM Challenges and Activities
- Little Bins for Little Hands – Science experiments and activities for kids of all ages
- The STEM Laboratory – Fun science, technology, engineering, and math activities for kids
- 25 STEAM Projects for Kids
- Exploratorium – Cool experiments
- STEM Works – a resource for teachers, mentors, parents, STEM professionals, volunteers, and everyone passionate about getting children eager to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math.
- iExploreSTEM – non-profit volunteer organization that brings communities together to appreciate and celebrate science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).