Maryland International School (MDIS) is Howard County's newest private school and is the first school in Maryland to offer all three International Baccalaureate (IB) programs in conjunction with a STEM academy. We are currently enrolling for the 2020-2021 school year.
MDIS is located on a beautiful nine-acre campus in Elkridge, MD, conveniently located and easily accessible to major commuter routes with bus transportation services available from most areas.
Children's Magnet Montessori School, the preschool located at MDIS, offers care for children aged 2-years-old through Kindergarten.
MISSION & VISION
To provide an academically rigorous and supportive college-preparatory education with an interdisciplinary and applied focus on the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines in order to prepare students to become creative problem solvers, effective communicators, and tomorrow's leaders who think ethically, independently, and globally.
We believe that culture must be intentionally developed in order to live our mission, realize our vision, and achieve our educational purpose and responsibilities. Therefore, our academic focus is aligned to our school culture. Accordingly, we promote:
1. A culture that is welcoming.
2. A culture in which the conditions for learning are ever-present.
3. A culture in which we examine how our behaviors affect us, others, and our world.
4. A culture in which there is a shared belief that we are a part of something special and great.
5. A culture in which the language creates and facilitates personal pride, purpose, and empowerment.
(Fisher, Douglas, Frey, Nancy and Pumpian, Ian. How to Create a Culture of Achievement in Your School and Classroom. ASCD, 2012. Print.)