The Maryland International School (MDIS) is a private non-profit school in Elkridge, Maryland, roughly 18 miles west of Baltimore.
The mission of Maryland International School (MDIS) is to provide an academically rigorous and supportive college-preparatory education with an interdisciplinary and applied focus on the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines, in order to prepare students to become creative problem solvers, effective communicators and tomorrow’s leaders who think ethically, independently, and globally.
- Academically Rigorous – The learning experiences and educational expectations, which are academically, intellectually, and personally challenging, allow students to understand concepts that are complex and to acquire skills that can be applied in a variety of contexts throughout their lives.
- Supportive – Social and emotional learning experiences allow students to develop the following: self-awareness, social awareness, relationship skills, responsible decision making, and self-management.
- College Preparatory – MDIS’s mission, curriculum, and support systems provide a fully integrated program of academics, advanced and early college courses, postsecondary preparation, and personal and career development for every student.
- STEM Focus & Global Perspective – STEM challenges when studied from a global perspective provides a relevant and engaging framework to learn course content and develop feasible solutions.
- Family & Community Involvement – Based on research, family and community involvement in education correlates with higher academic performance and school improvement.
|Academic Year||Grades Offered|
Children’s Magnet Montessori School, the preschool located at MDIS, offers care for children aged 2 years old – Kindergarten.