Saturday, October 27, 10am-2pm
You are invited to the 2nd Annual MDIS Fall STEM Festival! The festival is in conjunction with the statewide Maryland STEM Festival and is free and open to the entire community. The festival will feature:
- The Inventor’s Workshop - Hands-on STEM activities for families with children in PreK-12th grade
- A live science show - "Things That Go Boom" by Mad Science
- Exhibitors and vendors, including the National Security Agency, Global Air Media, the Peace Corps, and UMBC Tau Beta Pi (more to be added)
- The Scholastic Book Fair
- Bounce houses and inflatable games for children of all ages (courtesy of A Clown 4 U)
- The Funnel Fare food truck and Dunkin Donuts Community Cruiser
- The Elkridge Fire Department bringing a fire truck for children to explore
- Live music from DJ K-Nine9
- MDIS campus presentation and tour at 10:30am & 1:00pm
Please note the festival will take place regardless of weather, rain or shine! In the event of inclement weather, all outdoor activities will be moved inside.
This event is free and open to the public but registration is required. If you are interested in attending one of our campus presentations/tours, you must register for both the open house and the festival itself.
Click here to download the flyer.
Please note the MDIS parking lot will be closed during the festival. Instead, all attendees are to park at the Southwest Park & Ride at 1198 South Rolling Road in Catonsville. It is a short ride to and from the MDIS campus and we will be providing free shuttle service every 20 minutes from 9:30am util 2:30pm.
MARYLAND STEM FESTIVAL PODCAST
This past summer our school was featured on the Maryland STEM Festival podcast. Rebekah Ghosh, Executive Director, and Christine Vance, Science Instructor, discussed STEM education at MDIS and talked about last year’s STEM Festival, which was attended by Governor Larry Hogan. You can listen to the podcast here.