PLEASE JOIN US FOR A STEM WORKSHOP - Come Explore, Discover & Learn
Created for Kindergarten-9th Grade students and their parents and caregivers, the STEM Workshops will provide a hands-on, multi-sensory exploration of STEM content while encouraging risk-taking, collaborative problem-solving, and creative thinking. Facilitators will guide workshop participants. MDIS campus tours available at end of workshops.
- Dates: 8/10, 8/15, 8/17, 8/21, 8/24
- Location: 6135 Old Washington Road, Elkridge, MD 21075
- Time: 4pm - 5pm
[1 hour of free exploration with hands-on STEM exhibits after workshop]
- Grade Levels: Kindergarten– 9th Grade
- Cost: Free
Our beautiful nine-acre campus is located in Elkridge, Maryland, in Howard County near the BWI Airport and easily accessible to major commuter routes. We offer safe and convenient daily transportation options for our students. The Maryland International School (MDIS), is an independent private school offering a STEM-focused and International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum for first through twelfth grade. MDIS operates on a rolling admission basis and is currently accepting applications for first through ninth grade.
At MDIS, our vision is to prepare our students to become creative problem solvers, effective communicators and tomorrow’s leaders who think ethically, independently, and globally.
We believe that culture must be intentionally developed in order to live our mission, realize our vision, and achieve our educational purpose and responsibilities. Therefore, our academic focus is aligned to our school culture. Accordingly, we promote:
- A culture that is welcoming,
- A culture in which the conditions for learning are ever-present,
- A culture in which we examine how our behaviors affect us, others, and our world,
- A culture in which there is a shared belief that we are a part of something special and great, and
- A culture in which the language creates and facilitates personal pride, purpose, and empowerment.
(Fisher, Douglas, Frey, Nancy and Pumpian, Ian. How to Create a Culture of Achievement in Your School and Classroom. ASCD, 2012. Print.)
Want to learn more about MDIS and its innovative programming? Fill out a quick form for more information.