-Saturday, July 8th, 2017 from 10am-2pm
-Sunday, July 9th, 2017 from 10am-1pm
Explore MDIS and discover the difference a STEM-focused and International Baccalaureate Program will have on your child's education.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR ONE OF OUR OPEN HOUSE EVENTS-
Saturday, July 8th, 2017 from 10:00am-2:00pm
Sunday, June 9th, 2017 from 10:00am-1:00pm
Come Explore, Discover & Learn
- Information Session: What is an International Baccalaureate (IB) Education? | Every half hour (followed by a tour of our campus)
- Inventor's Workshop - Interactive & Hands-on Exhibits open during Open House hours
Our beautiful nine acre campus is located in Elkridge, Maryland, in Howard County near the BWI Airport and easily accessible to major commuter routes. We offer safe and convenient daily transportation options for our students. The Maryland International School (MDIS), is an independent private school offering a STEM-focused and International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum for first through twelfth grade. MDIS operates on a rolling admission basis and is currently accepting applications for first through ninth grade.
At MDIS, our vision is to prepare our students to become creative problem solvers, effective communicators and tomorrow’s leaders who think ethically, independently, and globally.
We believe that culture must be intentionally developed in order to live our mission, realize our vision, and achieve our educational purpose and responsibilities. Therefore, our academic focus is aligned to our school culture. Accordingly, we promote:
- A culture that is welcoming,
- A culture in which the conditions for learning are ever-present,
- A culture in which we examine how our behaviors affect us, others, and our world,
- A culture in which there is a shared belief that we are a part of something special and great, and
- A culture in which the language creates and facilitates personal pride, purpose and empowerment.
(Fisher, Douglas, Frey, Nancy and Pumpian, Ian. How to Create a Culture of Achievement in Your School and Classroom. ASCD, 2012. Print.)
Want to learn more about MDIS and its innovative programming? Fill out a quick form for more information.