Thank you for your interest in the Maryland International School, (MDIS) an innovative private school. We welcome your application for the STEM Academy year round. When considering an applicant we recognize that every child is unique. We evaluate the applicant’s overall academic and developmental readiness and whether we feel they will thrive in and benefit from the academic challenges of our curriculum. We also consider the family’s commitment to MDIS’s mission and programs, and to its distinct multicultural and diverse setting.
During open houses and personal tours, each family will have the opportunity to learn more about our curriculum and instruction and explore the MDIS campus.
In order to apply to MDIS, the following steps must be completed:
- Visit an Open House or Schedule a Personal Tour.
- Complete a MDIS STEM Academy Application.
- Complete an on-site assessment.
-Potential students will complete an assessment of learning administered at MDIS
- Provide a copy of the student’s birth certificate.
- Provide a copy of the student’s most recent report card AND previous school year’s final report card.
- Provide a non-refundable Application fee of $50 (check or cash).
-If student is accepted to MDIS, then the application fee will go towards the $250 Registration Fee.
If you have questions at any time throughout the admissions and enrollment process, we are available Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm to answer any questions by phone. Selecting the best possible school for your child is an important process, we are here to support you and your family.
International student enrollment beginning summer of 2017
2017 – 18 Tuition & Fees
STEM Academy Tuition
+$400 for before/after care, if applicable
- Our affordable tuition rates are made possible by The Ghosh Family Foundation which is allocating $10,000 per student per year towards tuition and costs
- Please note the following annual charges: Registration fee, Text-/Techbook fee, Technology fee, and Supply & Student Activity fee (vary by grade level)
- Bus Transportation is available at an additional cost
In-state students may qualify for need-based tuition scholarships.